Funding Care Sources

It is worth your while looking around for sources of care funding. Let's face it, live-in care is expensive, but there are places you can go to help you stay independent.
It does depend upon why you need the care, your financial means, or the funding available in your area.

Department of Work and Pensions guide to Attendance Allowance

A-Z guide to local authority websites

Independent Living Fund website

Office of the Public Guardian

The Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) is an agency that supports the Public Guardian in the registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney and Lasting Powers of Attorney. It protects the private assets and supervises the financial affairs of people who lack mental capacity for making decisions.

Telephone number: 0300 456 0300 (open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, except Wednesday 10am to 5pm)

Care Advice Centre
Download Centre